Meshery Catalog functions much like a cloud marketplace, providing a user-friendly interface for browsing, discovering, and sharing configurations and patterns for cloud native infrastructure. With Meshery Catalog, you can easily find and deploy Kubernetes-based infrastructure and tools, making it easy to streamline your cloud native development and operations processes. A Catolog is based on the Meshery’s Catalog Schema with defined attributes.
Simplify Your Cloud Native Infrastructure Deployment and Management
Meshery Catalog functions much like a cloud marketplace, providing a user-friendly interface for browsing, discovering, and sharing configurations and patterns for cloud native infrastructure. With Meshery Catalog, you can easily find and deploy Kubernetes-based infrastructure and tools, making it easy to streamline your cloud native development and operations processes.
It also supports a collaborative environment, where DevOps engineers can share their experiences, feedback, and best practices with others in the community. Import cloud native patterns published by others into your Meshery Server. Benefit from and build upon each pattern by incorporating your own tips and tricks, then publish and share with the community at-large. This facilitates knowledge-sharing and helps to build a strong ecosystem of cloud native infrastructure experts.
To create a design pattern using Meshery UI
- Open the Meshery UI in your web browser.
- Navigate to the configuration section, usually located in the main navigation menu.
- Head over to Designs and click on import or create design.
- Select the category and Model as per your need and configure the application.
- Voilà, You can publish or deploy you design.
To create design pattern using Meshery CLI
- Ensure that you have Meshery CLI installed on your machine and it is configured to connect to your desired Meshery instance.
- Open a terminal or command prompt.
- Use the Meshery CLI commands to interact with the catalog.
- Follow the prompts or instructions provided by the Meshery CLI help.
- Apply pattern file:
mesheryctl pattern apply --file [path to pattern file | URL of the file]
- Delete pattern file:
mesheryctl pattern delete --file [path to pattern file]
- View pattern file:
mesheryctl pattern view [pattern name | ID]
- List all patterns:
mesheryctl pattern list
- Apply pattern file:
- Onboarding an application.
mesheryctl app onboard -f [file-path]
- Applying WASM Filter.
mesheryctl exp filter apply --file [GitHub Link]
Question: Why are images invisible for some designs in the Meshery Catalog?
Answer: In certain instances, the images of published designs in Meshery Catalog may not be visible due to bandwidth issues. This can occur when there are network constraints affecting the retrieval of image data. However, rest assured that the design information and other relevant details are still accessible.