Upgrading Meshery Server, Adapters, and UI
Various components of Meshery will need to be upgraded as new releases become available. Meshery is comprised of a number of components including a server, adapters, UI, and CLI. As an application, Meshery is a composition of different functional components.
Some of the components must be upgraded simultaneously, while others may be upgraded independently. The following table depicts components, their versions, and deployment units (deployment groups).
Versioning of Meshery components
|Components||Sub-component||Considering or Updating|
|Meshery Adapters||Any and All Adapters||Docker Deployment: Watchtower updates this component in accordance with the user’s release channel subscription.|
|Meshery Server||Meshery UI||Manages lifecycle of Meshery Operator; Adapters, UI, Load Generators, Database.
Docker Deployment: Watchtower updates this component in accordance with the user’s release channel subscription.
|Meshery Operator||MeshSync||Meshery Operator manages the lifecycle of this component and its sub-components.|
|Meshery Broker||Meshery Operator manages the lifecycle of this event bus component.|
|Remote Providers||Meshery Cloud||Process Extension: Integrators manage the lifecycle of their Remote Providers. Process is unique per provider.|
|Meshery Cloud||Static Extension: Integrators manage the lifecycle of their Meshery Extensions. Process is unique per provider.|
Sub-components deploy as a unit, however, they do not share the same version number.
Meshery Docker Deployments
In order to pull the latest images for Meshery Server, Adapters, and UI, execute the following command:
mesheryctl system update
If you wish to update a running Meshery deployment with the images you just pulled, you’ll also have to execute:
mesheryctl system restart
Meshery Kubernetes Deployments
kubectl apply or
helm to upgrade the Meshery application manifests in your Kubernetes cluster.
Upgrading Meshery CLI
The Meshery command line client,
mesheryctl, is available in different package managers. Use the instructions relevant to your environment.
mesheryctl using Homebrew
To upgrade `mesheryctl`, execute the following command:
brew upgrade mesheryctl
mesheryctl using Bash
mesheryctl and run Meshery on Mac or Linux with this script:
curl -L https://meshery.io/install | DEPLOY_MESHERY=false bash -
mesheryctl using Scoop
mesheryctl, execute the following command:
scoop update mesheryctl
Recent Discussions with "meshery" Tag
- Jan 26 | [Recap] Meshery Build and Release Meeting - January 27th 2023
- Jan 24 | [Recap] Highlights from the Websites Meeting (23rd Jan 2023)
- Jan 19 | [Recap] Highlights from the Websites Meeting (January 16th, 2023)
- Jan 13 | Successfully setup cloud based developer environment to contribute to Meshery using GitHub Codespaces
- Jan 16 | Error on windows while trying to run make site command
- Jan 12 | [5th January 2023/13th January 2023] Meshery Build & Release Meeting Minutes
- Jan 10 | Getting Error While running the command "make site"(mac user)
- Jan 12 | [Recap] Highlights from the Websites Meeting (9th January 2022)
- Jan 05 | [Recap] Highlights from the Meshery Development Meeting (Jan 5 2023)
- Jan 09 | Monday Reminder!