Upgrading Meshery Server, Adapters, and UI
Various components of Meshery will need to be upgraded as new releases become available. Meshery is comprised of a number of components including a server, adapters, UI, and CLI. As an application, Meshery is a composition of different functional components.
Some of the components must be upgraded simultaneously, while others may be upgraded independently. The following table depicts components, their versions, and deployment units (deployment groups).
Versioning of Meshery components
|Considering or Updating
|Any and All Adapters
|Docker Deployment: Watchtower updates this component in accordance with the user’s release channel subscription.
|Manages lifecycle of Meshery Operator; Adapters, UI, Load Generators, Database.
Docker Deployment: Watchtower updates this component in accordance with the user’s release channel subscription.
|Meshery Operator manages the lifecycle of this component and its sub-components.
|Meshery Operator manages the lifecycle of this event bus component.
mesheryctl manages the lifecycle of Meshery Server.
|Process Extension: Integrators manage the lifecycle of their Remote Providers. Process is unique per provider.
|Static Extension: Integrators manage the lifecycle of their Meshery Extensions. Process is unique per provider.
Sub-components deploy as a unit, however, they do not share the same version number.
Meshery Docker Deployments
In order to pull the latest images for Meshery Server, Adapters, and UI, execute the following command:
mesheryctl system update
If you wish to update a running Meshery deployment with the images you just pulled, you’ll also have to execute:
mesheryctl system restart
Meshery Kubernetes Deployments
kubectl apply or
helm to upgrade the Meshery application manifests in your Kubernetes cluster.
Upgrading Meshery CLI
The Meshery command line client,
mesheryctl, is available in different package managers. Use the instructions relevant to your environment.
mesheryctl using Homebrew
To upgrade `mesheryctl`, execute the following command:
brew upgrade mesheryctl
mesheryctl using Bash
mesheryctl and run Meshery on Mac or Linux with this script:
curl -L https://meshery.io/install | DEPLOY_MESHERY=false bash -
mesheryctl using Scoop
mesheryctl, execute the following command:
scoop update mesheryctl
Recent Discussions with "meshery" Tag
- Feb 23 | Workflows not triggered - Meshery Kuma
- Feb 28 | For Discussion: Capturing potential, but unrealized Relationships in Design Snapshots
- Feb 28 | Errors adding/saving and publishing/unpublishing Designs
- Feb 28 | Meshery Development Meeting (Feb. 28th 2024)
- Feb 27 | Error while connecting minikube on meshery
- Jan 16 | How to deploy a sample app in Meshery playground
- Feb 23 | Local Environment Setup TroubleShooting error
- Feb 22 | Unable to access MeshMap visualizer - Could not load MeshMap GraphQL plugin
- Feb 22 | Meshery Build & Release Meeting | Feb 22nd, 2024
- Feb 21 | Meshery Development Meeting (Feb. 24th, 2024)
- Managing Events with Notification Center - Meshery tracks operations performed on your infrastructure and workloads, and provides notification of environment issues, application conflicts with infrastructure configuration, policy violations, and so on.
- Using Multiple Adapters - Meshery is capable of running zero or more adapters. Meshery offers many features without the need for adapters. Adapters are optional components that enhance and extend Meshery's core functionality.